The treatment of the fungus depends on what kind of fungus it belongs to. Dermatologists and trichologists claim that the disease causes 2 types of fungus: pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic. Conditionally pathogenic microorganisms live on the surface of human skin always, but can cause harm to the nail plate or epidermis only in moments when the immunity of the “host” is weakened. Provoke the development of mycosis in this case may be an acute phase or chronic disease (eg, diabetes, psoriasis), in which the immunity is always “on the limit”. The fungus usually affects the nails, skin and hair. The most common fungus of nails is onychomycosis.
How do I cure a fungus of nails?
You can understand that you have a nail fungus from these signs:
- the color of your nail has changed, there are stains and stripes on it;
- the color of the nail completely changed, the plate became thicker, lost its gloss, began to deform and degrade along the edges;
- part of the nail deformed and detached from the nail bed;
- from the place of defeat comes a characteristic smell. Treatment can be performed using antifungal medication.
Fungus infection occurs when it comes into contact with contaminated skin scales. You can catch the disease in the bath, sauna, when wearing someone else’s shoes. In order not to think soon about how to cure the foot fungus, it is best to come to visit with your slippers or walk around the house wearing socks. This also applies to the sauna – in the list of things to bring with you, bath attendants always include slippers. For prevention, you can apply antico mycosis sprays or creams on the skin and nails. Before going into the water, you should wait until the product is completely absorbed.
The areas affected by fungal infection do not cause pain. If your nail hurts, the reason is different. In order to know for sure whether the fungus is responsible for the incident, you need to perform laboratory tests. Antimicrobial ointments, pills, varnishes and solutions are used to cure the fungus of the nails on your hands. Depending on the variety, area and age of the lesions (it will take more time to cure the fungus), doctors prescribe drugs that work:
- locally. These are ointments, varnishes, creams, and special solutions.
- The earlier the fungus begins to be treated, the less harm it will do. In complex cases, the affected tissues have to be removed. While the nail plate grows back again, the nail bed can be covered with a prosthesis. To cure a fungus in the nails, the affected nail is used to remove it:
- hardware pedicure. The procedure is performed in a medical institution under local anesthesia. The rehabilitation period, during which it is necessary to walk barefoot, is 3-5 days.
- surgical intervention. It is used in extreme cases. The recovery period is significantly longer. The newly growing nail may be asymmetrical in shape.
- medication method. The nail plate is covered with a thick layer of a special preparation based on stearic acid, then it is covered with a bandage. All this together with a softened nail is removed after 4 days.
Only the creators of commercials know how to cure a fungus of nails in a week. In fact, the treatment lasts 3-12 months. It takes so long to use antimicrobial agents because the infection persists in the nail plate, and you have to wait until the nail is completely renewed. For the same reason, patients who are self-medicating do not believe in the effectiveness of antimicrobial drugs, which are actually of high quality.
You can buy antifungal drugs, cheap birth control / cheap contraceptives, and other medicines on specialized sites.