Activities that are aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of company control are called system integration. It also includes control of communication facilities and information technologies in order to obtain the maximum possible profit. Basically, the work related to system integration is aimed at increasing the number of covered business objectives of the organization.
Before starting a project in this or that area, a full analysis of the current state of the company is necessarily carried out, as well as an assessment of the prospects for system integration. The customer’s organization is informed about the benefits derived from integration, profit and budget savings as a result of the work performed. A step-by-step solution to the task is also being developed.
Types of integrations
As a rule, integration is divided into several stages, each of which is considered a separate, fully completed procedure. There are several types of integration depending on the direction of the organization and the required set of works:
- When an organization plans to expand by taking over objects or adding a new one and it is necessary to integrate into a single network, the procedure of such integration is called network. It is followed by the stage of organization of common processes and activities.
- If an organization needs global changes due to a change of activity or consolidation of different structures, there is a need for complex integration, which may include rethinking of work processes and redesign of the business. This approach is called company reengineering and is often performed due to the initial introduction of automation into the control and accounting system.
- When it is necessary to change the functionality of the organization in connection with the achievement of new goals, functional integration is carried out.
- As for the system integration, it is used to change the priorities of certain areas of work and their placement over the main goals of the company.
The importance of system integration
System integration is always designed to increase production performance or profit, which is achieved by combining individual projects or innovations in the organization. This is the most important aspect, but besides the economic factor, there are others.
Managers and directors of companies can solve problems on their own by changing tasks and goals of the business object as a whole or experimenting in separate directions, but it is not always constructive. By contacting a systems integrator, one can avoid unnecessary actions without losing money and time, especially when it may become critical.
Constant changes in the market due to new technologies or for other reasons lead to the need for their integration or updating of company departments. It requires a strict organization by structure and activity profile, after which the classified objects are introduced into other structures and system integration minimizes the risks of the company when working with innovations.
Systematization can also be used for:
- integration of different elements from different developers into a complex;
- building a correct and efficient structure of business processes;
- promotion and implementation of individual business flows;
- construction and preparation of projects for external and internal networks.
Besides planning the structure of the operation, the integrator is engaged in transfer of ideas to the prepared technological basis. In order to select and qualitatively plan options for building a network, you must use the services of an outsourcing company.